Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sitting around


Many moons ago I attempted to capture the bronze statues outside the Bank of Queensland building on Queen St, resulting in my BOQ Bust post. As part of my latest project I have again been regularly passing these subjects (male and female sitting on the wall) and I have toyed again with a composition involving these striking pieces of public art. This time, however, I was determined to get some people of the city involved, and have chosen this shot, looking back over the adjacent cafe, to capture more of Queen St life. I like the way some patrons almost mimic the posture of the statue, and how these figure tend to blend with the background when the 35–80mm zoom is used at the longer end to foreshorten the perspective. (OM2n, Tamron 35–80mm f2.8-3.2 SP zoom, f8, HP5 @ 800)

No comments: