Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Customs at dusk


I tend to be a creature of habit, and I have found that I most often photograph early in the morning on my way to work. Perhaps this is borne out of a general reluctance to photograph when too many people are around, in case one might ask what I am doing. One reason for choosing to embark on my Customs House series was to force me to investigate the effects of the different light and different lives of the subject. This shot was taken late on a Friday afternoon. I wanted the sky to still be bright, but I also knew that the veranda areas would be well lit to give the building a warm glow. Shot hand held and wide open, I would probably want to at least use my monopod and stop the lens down a click to improve the sharpness if I attempt to use this light again. (OM4, zuiko 50mm f1.8, f1.8, HP5 @ 400)

No comments: