Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Blitz

"The Blitz" is an example of the work of Chris Trotter, a local sculptor notably responsible for the metal kangaroos lazing on the George St footpath (near the corner of Adelaide St). This work was "parked" outside the entrance to old Government House (QUT Gardens Point) where it formed part of a display. Taken with my Nikon F65 using Ilford HP5 (pushed 2 stops to ISO1600, just because I could). Didn't quite get the in-camera, "rule of thirds" composition I was aiming for, though I thought it still sufficiently interesting to be worth a share. The LED time stamp was mistakenly activated during this and a number of other exposures. Rather than digitally remove it, I thought it could serve as a reminder of of times past when such mediocre detail on a print was considered highly useful, even desirable! ("Oh yes Joan, this was taken on our.. ? September! Skegness holiday, terrible weather, just poured.. )

No comments: