Monday, August 23, 2010

Concrete steps

It was a beautiful winter afternoon for my weekly constitutional around UQ and I was on my own with the dog, so I took my time and explored some spots I don't usually go.


I decided to try to focus on one theme (although I did get side tracked) - steps. This was inspired by Nicole's kind comments of a couple of posts past, but I also wondered if setting a narrow topic would force me to look differently at the common things that I might ordinarily pass and not notice.


As it turned out, I found a few likely subjects. I chose these shots because they seem to capture different feelings from the same medium (concrete) that is finished very differently in different settings.


So there they are: the bare; the organic; and the smooth. (Canon 450D, 18-55mm zoom)

No comments: