Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Sneak peek


For some time now the old National Bank building on the corner of Queen and Creek Streets has been undergoing a major renovation, which now looks almost complete. I was walking past as some workers were carting material and tools inside through the main doors that they had left it ajar. I couldn't help but stop and catch this view with a new (to me) 35mm lens that I was giving a bit of a test. Luckily I did take the time, because the next pass through had the door firmly shut, so this is my only frame showing the interior. I think that this shot is far more successful than my earlier post of the same subject (National Bank), but I would love to know what you think ... (OM2, zuiko 35mm f2.8, f8, HP5 @ 400)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Great shot Boyd! I myself have walked past this (as usual, without the camera!) and thought what a great image it would make. However, I wanted to take one step further and go through the door...
Well exposed and framed and a very neat title :-)