Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Vino's


This is just another whimsical shot taken down by the river among the restaurants and cafes. I was really trying to highlight the wonderful architectural detail in the awning outside Vino's and thought that it might fit with my lines theme (I decided against categorising that way). I also thought the composition would be a challenge given the early morning light, the white fabric awning and the clear blue sky beyond. I wasn't using any filters on the lens, but I did tweak the scanned image it a little by upping brightness and contrast a touch. (om4, zuiko 50mm f1.8, f11, FP4 @ 125)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Lovely shot Boyd! I recognised it immediately. Have taken this awning before. It reminds me of those early designs for gliders and planes where man was trying to emulate the feathers of a bird's wing. Neatly exposed and framed and I like the inclusion of the restaurant name which humanises the abstract.