Friday, April 14, 2006



Esk Lane

Much to my colleague’s amusement, I have developed a strange fascination for lanes and alleyways located in the CBD, and have started poring over a street directory, looking for likely candidates to photograph. I blame this unhealthy curiosity on the digestion of one too many (US) crime shows, in which dastardly deeds occur most typically in (you guessed it) a dirty, dimly lit alleyway strewn with the detritus of the human condition. I had falsely believed that the Brisbane CBD had very few of these places, however I have since located a number of examples of which I have photographed two to date. I’ll leave it to you, the viewer, to determine whether the alleyways and byways our fair city would qualify as possible crime scene movie locations.

No comments: